Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Brenja took the tie pin and badge from Replex, and he read the letter at the following council meeting. He shook his head in a grave manner.

"Why the heck did she quit? She was a valuable possesion to us Prefects..."

Brenja then turned to Kermic, Kacheh, Andrew and Replex.

"Later after school, we shall go to Kacheh and Hikari's class to pay Hikari a little visit..."

-After School-

"Ding Dong Ding Dong... Ding Dong Ding Dong...."

At the sond of the bell, Brenja, Kermic, Kacheh, Andrew and Replex went to the back door of the class and approached Hikari, who was busy typing on her laptop and took no notice at all. Suddenly she stood up, and pushed the guys out of the way to take her leave. Brenja grabbed her shoulder.

"Wait just one moment, young lad- Hey!"

Hikari shrugged off Brenja's hand, and walked off like nothing happened. Replex looked a bit guilty, but he may be acting...

=Next Day=

As the others went for recess, Replex went for his duty in the CarPark. When he looked in the direction of the fountain, he got a shock. Hikari was sitting down there, her eyes no longer their strict, kind, joyful emerald, instead, a ghostly and ghastly dark green. She was sitting next to a boy, called Jackie Walkers.

"You know Walkers... I don't understand why boys like to act tough! All the boys in the Prefect's Group, like to act tough. They care for the girls, but don't let it happen vice versa! I want to care for the boys, but... but!"

Even as if he was hiding from behind the tree, Replex could see the tears that were falling like innocent clear rain drops from Hikari's eyes. She buried her head in her hands, and sobbed uncontrollably. Jackie put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay, Hikari. No offence, but we guys, we want to look cool at times, and we have our pride. Sorry if I offend you in any way with my words."

Hikari suddenly hugged Jackie, which surprised him very much, and make Replex dropped his mouth wide open.

"Oh Walkers!"

"Call me Jackie, it's fine with me."

"J-Jackie! You are the only friend I have left here! The other boys are just jerks, they don't understand a single emotion of mine! I'm glad I have a friend like you Jackie...I know you won't ever betray me, or lie to me. You were there for me when I broke up with Kacheh, comforting me to the best extent you can... I'm glad I have a friend in you..."

"You can count on me, Hikari... I'll keep your emotions a secret."

"Thank you Jackie... Thank you..."

Just then the bell rang, and Hikari wiped away her tears before going back to class with Jackie, while Replex stood there.

"Oh my gosh... God, get over it, Replex!

No comments:

Post a Comment